Bothamsall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire, created in 1841 from chapelry in Elksley Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Houghton and Haughton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1542
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1627
- West Drayton
- Markham Clinton
- Worksop St Mary and St Cuthbert
- East Markham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOTHAMSALL, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; on the river Medan, 5½ miles NNE of Ollerton, and 6 WNW of Tuxford r. station. Post Town, Walesby, under Newark. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £2,275. Pop., 296. Houses, 57. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £52. Patron, the Duke of Newcastle. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
Military records – Militia
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: East Retford
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Retford
- Poor Law Union: East Retford
- Hundred: Bassetlaw
- Province: York