Blidworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Fishpool, Bottoms, and Rainworth.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1635
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Sutton in Ashfield
- Kirkby in Ashfield
- Haywood Oaks
- Mansfield St Peter and St Paul
- Newstead Priory
- Rufford Abbey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLIDWORTH, a Village, a parish, and a subdistrict, in Mansfield district, Notts. The village stands in Sherwood forest, 4 miles E of Kirkby r. station, and 5 SE of Mansfield; and has a post-office under Mansfield. The parish includes also the hamlets of Bottoms, Fishpool, and Rainworth. Acres, together with Haywood-Oaks and Lindhurst extra-parochial tracts, 6,610. Real property, £6,694. Pop., 1,166. Houses, 250. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Archbishop of York. A hollowed block of rock is regarded by some as a Druidical altar. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £283. Patron, alternately the Bishop of Manchester and the Prebendary of Oxton. The church is Norman, and was repaired in 1839. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Mansfield
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Southwell
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Southwell
- Poor Law Union: Mansfield
- Hundred: Thurgarton
- Province: York