Barnby in the Willows is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Flawford.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1593
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Langford with Holme
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BARNBY-IN-THE-WILLOWS (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Newark, S. division of the wapentake of Newark and of the county of Nottingham, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from Newark; containing 266 inhabitants, and comprising by measurement 1400 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king’s books at £5. 9. 9½., and in the patronage of the Chapter of the Collegiate Church of Southwell: the incumbent’s tithes have been commuted for £219. 10., with a glebe of 29 acres, and those of the impropriators for £140, with a glebe of 42 acres. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Flawford, a farm of 250 acres, anciently belonged to the Knights Templars.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
England, Nottinghamshire, Barnby in the Willows, All Saints church parish registers, 1593-1837 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Barnby-in-the-Willows (Nottinghamshire); Nottinghamshire Archives Office
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newark
- Probate Court: Court of the Manor of St John of Jerusalem or Shelford St Johns
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Newark
- Poor Law Union: Newark
- Hundred: Newark
- Province: York