Awsworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire, created in 1748 from chapelry in Nuthall Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: The Meadows.
Alternative names: Awsworth with Meadows
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1756
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
AWSWORTH, a chapelry, in the parish of Nuthall, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 7½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Nottingham; containing 294 inhabitants. This place borders upon Derbyshire, and has a small village on the Nottingham canal. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £101; patron, the Rector: the incumbent resides in a neat house, built in 1843. The chapel was consecrated about 1760. A poor person from this chapelry is eligible to Ilkeston almshouse.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
Land and property
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Basford
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Nottingham
- Poor Law Union: Basford
- Hundred: Broxtowe
- Province: York