Annesley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Woodhouse, Wansley, Wandesley, and Annesley Woodhouse.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1599
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Kirkby in Ashfield
- Hucknall Torkard
- Selston with Underwood and Westwood
- Newstead Priory
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
ANNESLEY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Basford, N. division of the wapentake of Broxtow and of the county of Nottingham, 10 miles (N. N. W.) from Nottingham; containing, with the hamlets of Annesley-Woodhouse and Wandesley, and the extraparochial district of Felly, 315 inhabitants. This parish comprises 3030 acres by measurement; it is intersected by the road from Nottingham to Kirkby-Sutton, and is irregular in its surface, which in many parts rises into mountainous ridges. The soil rests on red sandstone, of which there are some quarries supplying an inferior material used chiefly for walls and small houses. The village is picturesquely situated; several of its inhabitants are engaged in the manufacture of stockings. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £52; patron and impropriator, J. Musters, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower with two bells.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Basford
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Nottingham
- Poor Law Union: Basford
- Hundred: Broxtowe
- Province: York