Alnwick St Paul is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northumberland, created in 1846 from Alnwick Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
The chapelry of St. Paul’s was constituted in 1846; and is a perpet. curacy, with salary of £200, in the patronage of the Duke of Northumberland.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
St. Paul’s church, erected by the Percy family, was consecrated in October, 1846: the living is in the gift of his Grace.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Northumberland
- Civil Registration District: Alnwick
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Durham
- Rural Deanery: Alnwick
- Poor Law Union: Alnwick
- Hundred: Coquetdale Ward
- Province: York