Upton (near Northampton) is a chapelry of Northampton St Peter Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1594
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPTON, a parish in the district and county of Northampton; 1¾ mile W of Northampton r. station. Post town, Northampton. Acres, 979. Real property, £2,200. Pop., 36. Houses, 7. The manor, with U. Hall, belongs to W. Wright, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Northampton-St. Peter. The church is old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Northampton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Northampton
- Poor Law Union: Northampton
- Hundred: Nobottle Grove
- Province: Canterbury