Upton (near Castor) is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1851 from chapelry in Castor Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1770
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPTON, a chapelry in Castor parish, Northampton; 2½ miles NE of Wansford r. station. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,680. Real property, £1,220. Pop., 100. Houses, 23. Nearly all the property belongs to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £239. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church was renovated in 1863.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury