Ufford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire. Bainton is a chapelry of Ufford.
Other places in the parish include: Ashton.
Alternative names: Ufford with Bainton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1712
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UFFORD, a parish, with U. township and Ashton hamlet, in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; 2 miles S of Tallington r. station, and 4¾ SE by E of Stamford. Post town, Stamford. Acres, 2,320. Real property, £2,708. Pop., 307. Houses, 60. U. Hall is occupied by the Hon. W. P. Bouverie. The living is a rectory, united with Bainton, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £480. Patron, St. John’s College, Cambridge. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Stamford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Stamford
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury