Spratton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Little Creaton and Little Creeton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
- Church Brampton
- Great Creaton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SPRATTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands 1¼ mile W of the Northampton and Leicester railway, and 6¾ NNW of Northampton; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Northampton. The parish includes Little Creaton hamlet, and comprises 2,810 acres. Real property, £5,715. Pop. in 1851, 961; in 1861, 1,086. Houses, 241. The property is much subdivided. S. Halland S.-Hill House are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £371. Patron, J. E. Bartlett, Esq. The church was restored in 1847. There are chapels for Independents and Baptists, a free school, and a town and church estate £60. The sub-district contains ten parishes. Acres, 23,600. Pop., 5,914. Houses, 1,298.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Brixworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Haddon
Poor Law Union: Brixworth