Orton is a chapelry of Rothwell Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Thorpe Malsor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ORTON, a chapelry in Rothwell parish, Northampton.1½ mile S W of Rothwell, and 4 W by N of Kettering r.station. Post-town, Rothwell, under Kettering. Acres, 940. Real property, £1,440. Pop., 69. Houses, 19. The manor belongs to H. H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Rothwell, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is good, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Kettering
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Kettering