Orlingbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Little Harrowden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ORLINGBURY, a village, a parish, and a hundred, in Northampton. The village stands 2½ miles SW of Isham and Burton-Latimer r. station, and 4 NW by N of Wellingborough; and has a post-office under Welling-borough. The parish is in Wellingborough district, and comprises 1,990 acres. Real property, £2,906. Pop., 307. Houses, 71. The manor, with Orlingbury House, belongs to A. A. Young, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £405. Patron, the Rev. H. D. Hilton. The church was rebuilt in 1843; and has a large circular E window, and a lofty balustraded and pinnacled tower. There are a dissenting chapel, and a national school; and the latter is a recent edifice, in the modern pointed style. Manning, the Saxon scholar, and one of the authors of the “History of Surrey, ” was a native. The hundred contains also thirteen other parishes. Acres, 28,188. Pop. in 1851, 6,436; in 1861, 6,629. Houses, 1,486.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Wellingborough