Old is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Wold
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OLD, or Wold, village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands 2¾ miles SE of Lamport r. station, and 6½ SW of Kettering; and has a post-office under Northampton. The parish comprises 1,650 acres. Real property, £3,874. Pop., 472. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £355. Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is good, and has a tower. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed school with £26 a year, and charities £106.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Brixworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Brixworth