Nassington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire. Yarwell is a chapelry of Nassington.
Alternative names: Nassington with Yarwell
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NASSINGTON, a village and a parish in Oundle district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, and on the Peterborough and Northampton railway, at the boundary with Huntingdon, 1½ mile N of Elton r.station, and 5½ N by E of Oundle; and has a post-office under Wansford. The parish comprises 1, 660 acres. Real property, £3, 247. Pop. in 1851, 795; in 1861, 718. Houses, 157. The manor belongs to the Earl of Westmoreland. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Yarwell, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £386. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is Norman; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and crocketted spire. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £31.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Empingham and Nassington peculiars [1745-1844] index of wills, administration-bonds, inventories of the peculiar court of Empingham and the prebendal court of Nassington, the latter including in its jurisdiction the parishes of Apethorpe, Woodnewton, and Yarwell Author: Humphries, J. A., fl. 1938
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Oundle
- Probate Court: Pre-1851 - Court of the Peculiar of Nassington, Post-1850 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1851 - None, Post-1850 - Oundle
- Poor Law Union: Oundle
- Hundred: Willybrook
- Province: Canterbury