Moreton Pinkney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Morton Pinkney
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1641
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORTON-PINKNEY, a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 5¾ miles NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 8 W by N of Towcester; and has a post office under Banbury. The parish comprises 2,422 acres. Real property, £4,3 44. Pop., 570. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to E. Sempill, Esq. The Manor House is ancient, bears the shields of the families of Cope and Candler, was restored and enlarged in 1860, and is approached through lodge-gates bearing the arms of the Sempills. A chalybeate spring is at the SW extremity of the village. Lace-making is carried on. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £220. Patron, Oriel College, Oxford. The church is chiefly ancient; was restored and partly rebuilt in 1845; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porches and low tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national and an infant school, and charities £32.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: Green’s Norton
- Province: Canterbury