Milton Malsor is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Middleton Malzor, Milton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MILTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton canal, 1 mile NE of Blisworth-Junction r. station, and 3½ SSW of Northampton; is sometimes called Middleton-Malzor; and has a postoffice, of the name of Milton, under Northampton. The Parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £3,763. Pop., 668. Houses, 144. The manor belongs to J. Blake, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £340. Patron, the Rev. T. A. Kershaw The church is good, and has a spire. There are a Baptist chapels and charities £52. &md. The Subdistrict contains also five other parishes. Acres, 7,930. Pop., 2,857. Houses, 621.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Preston
- Poor Law Union: Hardingstone
- Hundred: Wymersley
- Province: Canterbury