Mears Ashby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Ashby Mears
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1670
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHBY-MEARS, or Mears-Ashby, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 3 miles N by W of Castle-Ashby r. station, and 3½ WSW of Wellingborough. Post Town, Wilby, under Northampton. Acres, 1,890. Real property, £3,220. Pop., 525. Houses, 117. A.-M. Hall is the seat of H. M. Stockdale, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £235. Patrons, Trustees. The church was restored in 1858. There are two dissenting chapels and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Wellingborough
- Hundred: Hamfordshoe
- Province: Canterbury