Marston Trussel is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Marston Trussell
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON-TRUSSELL, a village and a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton. The village stands adjacent to the boundary with Leicester, 1¾ mile E of Theddingworth r. station, and 3 W by S of Market-Harborough. The parish, in some sense, includes also Thorpe-Lubenham, which otherwise is an extra-parochial tract. Post town, Marlket-Harborough. Acres, with T. L., 1,640. Real property, exclusive of T. L., £2,432; inc. of T. L., £3,376. Pop., exc. of T. L., 219. Houses, 48. Pop., inc. of T. L., 244. Houses, 50. The manor-farm, with Marston-Trussell Hall, belongs to B. E. Bennett, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £500. Patron, the Rev. W. Law. The church is of the 14th centnry; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower. There are a parochial school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Market Harborough
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury