Marston St Lawrence is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire. Warkworth is a chapelry of Marston St Lawrence.
Other places in the parish include: Westrop.
- Marston St Lawrance
- Marston St Lawrence with Warkworth
- St Lawrence Marston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1813
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON-ST., a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 1½ mile NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 5¼ NW of Brackley; and has a postal wall-box under Banbury. The parish contains also the hamlet of Westrop, and comprises 1,230 acres. Real property, £4,071. Pop., 535. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Marston House, belongs to J. A. Blencowe, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Warkworth, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420. Patron, J. J. Blencowe, Esq. The church is ancient, of varions dates; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower; and contains sedilia, a carved oak altar-piece, a piscina, and several monuments of the Blencowes. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: King’s Sutton
- Province: Canterbury