Marholm is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Marham, Marholme
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARHOLM, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; adjacent to the Great Northern railway, 4½ miles NW by N of Peterborough r. station. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,790. Real property, £1,534. Pop., 172. Houses, 33. The property belongs chiefly to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £311. Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is partly Norman, partly early English, partly later English; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and contains monuments of the Fitzwilliams. There are alms houses with £14 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury