Maidwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
- Maidwell St Mary
- Maidwell St Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MAIDWELL, a village, and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands near the Northampton and Leicester railway, 1½ mile NNW of Lamport r. station, and 7 S of Market-Harborough; and has a post office under Northampton. The parish comprises 1,650 acres. Real property, £2,778. Pop., 290. Houses, 56. The property belongs chiefly to H. H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The Hall is occupied by W. Belgrave, Esq. Limestone abounds, and there are mineral springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £218. Patron, H. H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury