Maidford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1711
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1700
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MAIDFORD, a parish, with a village, in Towcester district, Northampton; 5 miles SSW of Weedon r. station, and 6 NW by W of Towcester. Post town, Towcesster. Acres, 1,930. Real property, £2,138; of which £15 are in quarries. Pop., 344. Houses, 81. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Grant, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300. Patron, W. Grant, Esq. The church is early English, in good condition; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. Charities, £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Towcester
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Towcester
- Hundred: Green’s Norton
- Province: Canterbury