Lutton and Washingley is an Ancient Parish partly in Huntingdonshire and partly in Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Washingley.
Alternative names: Luddington-in-the-Wold
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Luddington with Hemington
- Warmington, Northamptonshire
- Caldecote, Huntingdonshire
- Tansor, Northamptonshire
- Lutton and Washingley
- Oundle with Ashton
- Great Gidding, Huntingdonshire
- Polebrook, Northamptonshire
- Morborne, Huntingdonshire
- Glatton, Huntingdonshire
- Stilton, Huntingdonshire
- Folksworth, Huntingdonshire
- Denton, Huntingdonshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LUTTON, or LUDDINGTON-IN-THE-WOLD, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Northampton and Huntingdon; 5 miles E of Oundle town and r. station. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,509. Real property of the N portion, £727. Pop., 163. Houses, 37. Real property of the H. portion, £341. Pop., 33. Houses, 6. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Washingley, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £220. Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and was recently in disrepair. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £11.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire; Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Oundle; Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Oundle
- Poor Law Union: Oundle
- Hundred: Willybrook; Norman Cross
- Province: Canterbury