Luffield Abbey is an extra-parochial place.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
- Westbury, Buckinghamshire
- Lillingstone Dayrell, Buckinghamshire
- Brackley St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LUFFIELD-ABBEY, an extra-parochial tract in the district of Buckingham, and counties of Buckingham and Northampton; near Whittlebury-forest, 5½ miles NNW of Buckingham. Acres, 510. Pop., 18. Houses, 3. A Benedictine priory was founded here, in 1124, by Robert le Bossu, Earl of Leicester; was given, by Henry VII., to the abbot of Westminster; and passed to the Throckmortons and the Duke of Buckingham. No remains of the edifice now exist.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Green’s Norton
- Province: Canterbury