Luddington with Hemington is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Huntingdonshire and partly in Northamptonshire; Created in 1849 from Luddington Ancient Parish and Hemington Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Hemington.
Alternative names: Luddington, Luddington in the Brook
Parish registers begin:
Luddington with Hemington
- Parish registers: 1635
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1702
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LUDDINGTON-IN-THE-BROOK, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Northampton and Huntingdon; 4 miles E by S of Barnwell r. station, and 5½ SE of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 580. Real property of the Northampton portion, £732; of the Huntingdon portion, £260. Pop. of the N. portion, 103; of the H. portion, 25. Houses, 20 and 6. The property belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory, united in 1867 with Hemington, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £320. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is old, and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire; Huntingdonshire
- Civil Registration District: Oundle
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Oundle
- Poor Law Union: Oundle
- Hundred: Polebrook; Leightonstone
- Province: Canterbury