Longthorpe is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1850 from Peterborough St John the Baptist Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Orton Longueville with St Botolphbridge, Huntingdonshire
- Peterborough St John the Baptist
- Woodston, Huntingdonshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LONGTHORPE, a chapelry in Peterborough-St. John-the-Baptist parish, Northamptonshire; on the river N en and the Northampton railway, 2 miles W of Peterborough. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,390. Real property, £2,623. Pop., 294. Houses, 64. Thorpe H all, a handsome mansion in the Italian style, is the seat of the Rev. W. Strong. Peppermint is largely grown; and the distillation of oil from it is carried on at Holywell. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £100. Patron, the Hon. George W. Fitzwilliam. The church is a plain edifice of the 13th century; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury