Long Buckby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Murcott.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Calvinist, and Independent/Congregational.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUCKBY (Long), a village, a parish, and a subdistrict in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands near the head of the river Nen, 1¾ mile E of Watling-street, 2 miles SE of Crick r. station, and 5½ NE of Daventry; and has a post-office under Rugby. The parish includes also part of the hamlet of Murcott. Acres, 3,900. Real property, £11,180. Pop., 2,500. Houses, 570. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. There are chapels for Independents and Baptists. A school has £42 from endowment; and other charities £32.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Daventry
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Daventry
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury