Loddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1622
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LODDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Kettering district, Northampton; 4 miles W of Kettering r. station. Post town, Kettering. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,892. Pop., 289. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the De Bands; passed to the Kinnesmans, the Syerses, and the Allicockes; and belongs now to Lord Overstone. The Hall, or old manor-house, is a beautiful Tudor edifice. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £500. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is late early English, very much altered; comprises nave, S aisle, chancel, and S chapel; has an early English tower, surmounted by a beautiful later English spire; and was restored in 1859. A curious coarsely sculptured ancient stone lies outside of the churchyard wall. A handsome school-house was built in 1863. Charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury