Little Oakley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1679
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKLEY (Little), a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 3½ miles N E of Rushton r. station, and 5½ N by E of Kettering. Post-town, Geddington, under Kettering. Acres, 724. Real property, £804. Pop., 127. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £113. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is early English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and contains a monument of 1620 to one of the Montagues. There is an infant school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury