Little Houghton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1541
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOUGHTON (Little), a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; on the river Nen and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, near Billing Road r. station, 3½ miles E by S of Northampton. It has a post-office under Northampton. Acres, 1, 070. Real property, £3, 817. Pop., 578. Houses, 134. The manor belongs to W. Smyth, Esq.; and most of the land belongs to him, to T. Marriot, Esq., and to the Rev.Smyth. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Brafield-on-the-Green, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £350. Patron, the Rev.Smyth. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, an endowed school with £21 a year, and some charities.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Preston
- Poor Law Union: Hardingstone
- Hundred: Wymersley
- Province: Canterbury