Little Harrowden is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1725 from Great Harrowden Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Harrowden Parva
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARROWDEN (LITTLE), a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands near the Bedford and Leicester railway, 2½ miles N by W of Wellingborough; and has a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1, 480 acres. Real property, £3, 121. Pop., 679. Houses, 153. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Great Harrowden, in the diocese of Peterborongh. The church has a Norman door, and a square tower; and was recently renovated. There are a Methodist chapel, an endowed school with £20 a year, and other charities with £38.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Wellingborough
- Hundred: Orlingbury
- Province: Canterbury