Lilbourne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1573
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Swinford, Leicestershire
- Clay Coton
- Newton and Biggin, Warwickshire
- Catthorpe, Leicestershire
- Clifton upon Dunsmore, Warwickshire
- Hillmorton, Warwickshire
- Stanford on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LILBOURNE, a village and a parish in the district of Rugby and county of Northampton. The village stands on the river Avon, near the Market-Harborough and Rugby railway, near Watling-street, and near the meeting-point of Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, and Warwickshire, 4 miles ENE of Rugby; and has a station on the railway. The parish comprises 1,920 acres. Post town, Rugby. Real property, £3,551. Pop., 292. Houses, 68. The property is chiefly divided among six. The manor belongs to Corbet Smith, Esq. Extensive tumuli are in a field at the E end of the church. An engagement between the Danes and the Saxons is said to have been fought at Roundhill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £155. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church consists of nave, a isles, and chancel, with low embattled tower; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities £27.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Rugby
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Rugby
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury