Laxton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1689
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAXTON, a parish in the district of Uppingham and county of Northampton; near the river Welland at the boundary with Rutland, 3¼ miles SE of Seaton r. station, and 6 SE of Uppingham. It has a post-office under Uppingham. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £1, 331. Pop., 119. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. Laxton Hall is the seat of Lord Carberry; has a fine Ionic portico, and a fine vestibule; and contains a good collection of pictures, chiefly by the old masters. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, not reported. Patron, Lord Carberry. The church is very ancient, and was recently in a dilapidated condition. There is a small free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Uppingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Uppingham
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury