Kislingbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Kidlingbury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KISLINGBURY, a parish in the district and county of Northampton; on the river Nen, 3¼ miles W of Northampton r. station. Post town, Northampton. Acres, 2,170. Real property, £4,559. Pop., 723. Houses, 161. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £547. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Hughes. The church is decorated English, in good condition; and has a spire. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities about £120.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Northampton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Haddon
Poor Law Union: Northampton
Hundred: Nobottle Grove