King’s Cliffe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Spa Lodge, West Hay, and Westhay.
Alternative names: King’s Cliff, Cliffe Regis
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1590
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Calvinist, Independent/Congregational, Roman Catholic, Trinitarian, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Apethorpe with Woodnewton
- Easton by Stamford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLIFFE (Kings), or Cliffe-Regis, a village and a parish in Oundle district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, 5½ miles W of Elton r. station, and 7 NNW of Oundle; has a post office under Wansford; was once a market-town; and has still a fair on 29 Oct. The parish comprises 4,460 acres. Real property, £4,666. Pop., 1,360. Houses, 298. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Exeter. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £700. Patron, the Earl of Westmoreland. The church is cruciform, with central tower; and was restored in 1863. There are four dissenting chapels, two free schools, a national school, and alms-houses.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Oundle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Oundle
Poor Law Union: Oundle