Kelmarsh is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1620 from chapelry in Maidwell Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KELMARSH, a village and a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton. The village stands near the Market-Harborough and Northampton railway, 5 miles S of Market-Harborough; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Northampton. Acres, 2,751. Real property, £5,826. Pop., 167. Houses, 31. The manor, with Kelmarsh Hall, belongs to R.Naylor, Esq. The land is chiefly in pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £640. Patron, R. Naylor, Esq. The church is early English, in good condition; and has a spire. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Market Harborough