Islip is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Aldwincle All Saints
- Aldwincle St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ISLIP, a village and a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, adjacent to the Peterborough railway, ½ a mile WNW of Thrapston; and has a post office under Thrapston. The parish comprises 1,370 acres. Real property, £3,166. Pop., 627. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to W. B. Stopford, Esq. The manufacture of rush collars and matting is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £377. Patron, Mrs. W. Stopford. The church is later English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and crocketted spire; and was restored in 1854. There are a national school, and charities £111.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Thrapston
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Oundle
Poor Law Union: Thrapston