Isham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1701
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Little Harrowden
- Burton Latimer
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ISHAM, a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, near the Midland railway, 3 miles SSE of Kettering; and has a station, jointly with Burton-Latimer, on the railway, and a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1,150 acres. Real property, £2,933. Pop., 433. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. Mrs. Pery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £450. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £76.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Wellingborough