Hollowell is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1850 from Guilsborough Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Holywell
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOLYWELL, or HOLLOWELL, a chapelry in Guilsborough parish, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 3 miles W of Brixworth r. station. It was made a parochial chapelry in 1850; and it previously had the status of a hamlet. Post town, Guilsborough, under Northampton. Acres, 950. Rated property, £1, 591. Pop., 266. Houses, 70. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to John W. B. Leigh, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £155. Patron, R. Hichens, Esq. The church was built in 1840, and is in the early English style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury