Holcot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1709
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOLCOT, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands near an affluent of the river Nen, 3 miles E of Spratton r. station and 3½ SE of Brixworth; and has a postal letter box under Northampton. The parish comprises 1, 670 acres. Real property, £2, 824. Pop., 517. Houses, 116. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £396. Patron, the Rev. R. Montgomery. The church is ancient but good, and has a small neat tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £27.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Hamfordshoe
- Province: Canterbury