Hellidon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1571
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HELLIDON, a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands near the source of the Leam, and near the boundary with Warwickshire, 5 miles SW of Daventry, and 7 NE of Fenny-Compton r. station; and has a post office under Daventry. The parish comprises 1, 478 acres. Real property, £2, 827. Pop., 449. Houses, 99. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to James Attenborough, Esq. The surface is hilly, and commands beautiful views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £105. Patron, the Rev. S. Holthouse. The church is early decorated English; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and was recently repaired. There are a dissenting chapel, an endowed school with £20, and other charities with £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Daventry
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Daventry
- Poor Law Union: Daventry
- Hundred: Fawsley
- Province: Canterbury