Hazelbeech is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HASELBEECH, or Hazlebeech, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands 3¼ miles SW of Kelmarsh r. station, and 8 S of Market Harborough; and has a post office under Northampton. The parish comprises 1,648 acres. Real property, £3,413. Pop., 180. Houses, 36. The chief proprietors are Viscountess Milton and Sir Charles E. Isham, Bart.; and the former’s seat is Haselbeech Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £296. Patron, Lady Milton. The church was mainly rebnilt in 1859; is in the later English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisles, with W embattled tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury