Harringworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARRINGWORTH, a parish in the district of Uppingham, and county of Northampton; on the river Welland and on the Rugby and Stamford railway, adjacent to Rutlandshire, 1 mile from Seaton r. station, and 5 NE by N of Rockingham. Post-town, Uppingham. Acres, 3,060. Real property, £5,504. Pop., 360. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Thomas Tryon, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £174. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is good; consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and S porch, with tower and spire; and contains monuments of the Tryons. An endowed school has £35; and other charities have £29.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Uppingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Uppingham
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury