Harrington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1673
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1714
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARRINGTON, a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands 2½ miles SW of Desborough r. station, and 7 NW of Kettering; has a post-office under Northampton; and gives the title of Earl to the family of Stanhope. The parish comprises 2,519 acres. Real property, £4,015. Pop., 222. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to John Tollemache, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £421. Patron, John Tollemache, Esq. The church is early English, cruciform, and good; and has a tower. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury