Harpole is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Particular Baptist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARPOLE, a village and a parish in the district and county of Northampton. The village stands 4 miles ENE of Weedon r. station, and 4½ W by N of Northampton; and has a post-office under Weedon. The parish comprises 1,560 acres. Real property, £4,820. Pop., 833. Houses, 190. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £529. Patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a free school with £50, and other charities with £61.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Northampton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Northampton
- Hundred: Nobottle Grove
- Province: Canterbury