Harlestone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARLESTONE, a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire; 2½ miles WSW of Brampton r. station, and 4 NW of Northampton. It has a post-office under Northampton. Acres, 2,530. Real property, £4,314. Pop., 615. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Earl Spencer. Harlestone Hall is a chief residence. Traces of an old fort are on Dylve’s Heath. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £577. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church is of the 14th century, very good, and has an old font. There are a national school, and charities upwards of £100.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Nobottle Grove
- Province: Canterbury