Hargrave is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Keyston, Huntingdonshire
- Shelton, Bedfordshire
- Covington, Huntingdonshire
- Dean, Bedfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARGRAVE, a village and a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton. The village stands near the boundary with Beds and Hunts, 2½ miles E of Raunds r. station, and 5½ SSE of Thrapston; and has a post-office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 2,400 acres. Real property, £1,642. Pop., 310. Houses, 71. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. R. S. Baker. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300. Patron, the Executors of the late Rev. W. L. Baker. The church is of the 13th century; and consists of nave, chancel, aisles, and N transept, with tower and spire. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Higham Ferrers
- Province: Canterbury