Hardwycke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Hardwick
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1705
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARDWICK, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; on the river Nen, 3 miles WNW of Wellingborough r. station. Post-town, Great Harrowden, under Wellingborough. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,526. Pop., 83. Houses, 20. The property is all in one estate. A house here, occupied by A. Sharman, was an abode of Knights Templars. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £268. Patrons, the Heirs of the late Rev. E. Hughes. The church is ancient and tolerable, with a tower; and contains several ancient monuments.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Wellingborough
- Hundred: Orlingbury
- Province: Canterbury