Hannington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HANNINGTON, a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton; 4½ miles ESE of Brixworth r. station, and 6 NW by W of Wellingborough. Post town, Walgrave, under Northampton. Acres, 1, 270. Real property, £1, 884. Pop., 226. Houses, 52. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Walgrave, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is ancient, has a small tower, and was restored in 1869. Bishop Godwin was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Orlingbury
- Province: Canterbury