Grendon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Great Doddington
- Earls Barton
- Castle Ashby
- Easton Maudit
- Yardley Hastings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRENDON, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 1¾ mile S of Castle-Ashby r. station, and 5½ SSW of Wellingborough. It has a post office under Northampton. Acres, 3,120. Real property, £3,579. Pop., 610. Houses, 134. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Northampton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £120. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is partly Norman, partly early English; has a fine later English tower; contains two brasses of meg in armour; and is good. Charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Preston
Poor Law Union: Wellingborough